Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

6.20.2014

Leave Your Lover

       I am fully convinced that no one can lay down poetry to a softly simple melody quite like Sam Smith can, and lyrics that beg "don't you see what I can bring, can't keep this beating heart at bay, set my midnight sorrow free, I will give you all of me, just leave your lover, leave him for me" are too amazing to pass by. 
       Realizations as sweetly heartbreaking as "I don't have much to give but I don't care for gold, what use is money when you need someone to hold" and "oh, I'm in love with you and you will never know, but if I can't have you I want this life alone, spare you the rising storm and let the rivers flow" ring out like a cult hit in the making and should endear Smith to anyone.
       Smith's vocals are smooth, rich, and entirely satisfying; combined with a softly played guitar riff, melancholy strings, and a simple and recurring piano melody, this track can't be outdone by any other tracks about 'hopeless romances' released this year. 
"Leave Your Love" Sam Smith
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment