Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

12.09.2013

Music Related Updates

       The last New Music Monday bulleted post was a success so, hopefully, this one is stuffed full of all the music info you need to get you through this week.

  • Chuckie Campbell released his video for "Synesthesia" and it is the only thing that could make the single even more amazing than it already was. His full length, More Die of Heartbreak, will be released December 21 and all of the tracks are as amazing as this one so get it as soon as it drops (album review coming soon).
  • The Gods of Macho is playing what may be their last show ever this Friday the 13th (that's the saddest sentence I have ever had to write during the holiday season). They are truly amazing and their Christmas EP is fun, fantastically put together, and should make you feel instantly festive. Buy the EP if you still don't have it and, if you're in L.A. Friday, go see them live and sing along to every song for me, because these guys are great.
  • Palaye Royale released their art film for the single "Death is a Party, Invite All Your Friends" and it's just as gorgeously put together as their other films and, unsurprisingly, I love it. This band's music is amazing and you need to check it out if you have not done so yet.
  • I got an interesting message the other day. I want to make it clear that I am not attracted to the members of the bands I feature. For one thing, that would be super unprofessional and, for another, I'm much more into guys who are tone deaf and can't play a chord to save their life. Your music is amazing and I love it, but you're just kind of a face to me and I'm not good with faces (I have a totally warped perception so I don't actually think you look like much of anything if I don't personally know you. Unless you're Ryan Reynolds. Then I know you're amazing).
  • Echosmith has a new Christmas song out ("I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"). It came out a bit ago but I was shunning every Christmas song that wasn't from The Gods of Macho until December (because they're really the only band who can pull off Christmas feels that early in the year).
  • City Rain has a new Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming album Songs for a Highschool Dance. While I don't know how to pay for both classes and my bills, I do have a few extra dollars to give to an awesome band putting together what is sure to be an amazing album, so stop by this link and chip in a few dollars.
  • The Saving Pointe put their full length album, Sunny Days & Starry Nights, on YouTube and you should check it out. I should probably get back on track with an interview too. Stay tuned to see how that turns out.
  • Bastille's full length All This Bad Blood will be released January 14 and is available for pre-order on iTunes now. "Pompeii" may be overplayed on the radio, but the lyrics are amazing because these guys can actually write.
  • "Hipster Girls" was released as a single from Iamsu and it's existence is just as pointless as hipsters themselves (that sounded mean. Just, don't try so hard to be hip, just be it).
  • "Who You Love" was officially released as a single on the third and, while I respect Katy Perry and want to like it, there is a lot of John Mayer in there. A lot.
  • "This Christmas" from Mary J. Blige is the free single of the week from iTunes; get it if you haven't already bought the album (watch the video for "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" from the album here) but, honestly, Blige is the definition of fierce and classy and if you can't be yourself, be Mary J. Blige.
  • Tokyo Police Club is counting down to something amazing and I can't wait to hear new music from them. They're still in the top five best bands I've seen live and I will see them the next time they tour the US, because their performance is worth the drive. Stay tuned to their Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr for updates.
  • Plug In Stereo has a new EP (A Little Peace) set to release January 7 and it's pop cute and I hate how much I actually like the single "To Be Wanted" featuring Megan & Liz. It's so catchy and it sounds like summer and feels like laying back on the warm sand with friends; I like it too much for a pop hit.
  • Boston released their sixth album Life, Love & Hope on the third and proved that their music is just as catchy as ever.
  • Brioski released their Late Night EP and it's a bit of a mess. It's funk meets techno meets my ears are really uncomfortable right now and I'm not enjoying this at all. Falling in line with this genre, Jamie Jones released Planets Spaceships and it's.. it's there and available. If you like that stuff.
  • Reignwolf finally recorded and released "In the Dark" and it's magical.
  • Kidz Bop Kids released "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)" and made me dislike children more than ever (why are they so loud, and sticky, and needy, and touchy-feel-y; I didn't even like them when I was one).
  • Dear You is going on tour again so check out those dates to see if they're going to be near you. They will be in Florida on this tour, but there is no way I'm driving all the way to Winter Park. People who aren't from Florida have no clue how tall this state is. Calling Central Florida 'South Florida' (pfh) Northerners.
  • The Bolivian Marching Affair released Showtime last week, and I'm oddly addicted to the songs. 
  • Matthew Mole released the music video for "Take Yours, I'll Take Mine" and it's just as simple and perfect as the song itself. Also grab his Take Yours, I'll Take Mine EP from iTunes now for more amazing music that was not featured on last Spring's The Home We Built.
  • The Rentals signed to Polyvinyl Record Co. and will be releasing their first full length album in fifteen years in 2014.
  • Sleeperstar is promising new music updates this week and I am itching to get my hands on a copy of Lost Machines and hear all the amazing music (stay tuned to the band's Facebook and Twitter to hear new music first).

       I think that's most of it.. Billy Joel was honored the other night by Urie, Bennet, Henley, Brooks, and Wainwright at the Kennedy Center and I'm sure it was amazing and only makes me more anxious to finally see him perform live. An interview with two of the guys from Melodime will be up on the blog later this week. There's probably something else I'm forgetting but, for now, just watch the video below.
"Take Yours, I'll Take Mine" Matthew Mole
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment