Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

11.25.2013

Music Related News for NMM

       I've got to head to work and won't have time to write about any tracks until later tonight, so here's some drive-by bulleted music related news for you to keep in mind.

  • The Fray's next album, titled Helios, is officially up on iTunes for pre-order. I've already bought the album because it will, no doubt, be amazing.
  • Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend actually likes selfies, according to his latest Rolling Stone interview. He thinks it's great that you feel good enough about yourself to post a picture of what you look like that day and that it's actually better than a picture of any landscape, since there are endless pictures of trees and the sky but only one you (his words, not mine). I do agree though that the youth of America gets a hard rap, especially considering that our small workforce is supporting the rather large retirement community's income.
  • Jamie Lynn Spears has a new single out, "How Could I Want More", and I can only think that I wanted more Zoey 101 but she effed that up, so I don't really feel like supporting her new song much further.
  • A Great Big World's debut full length is available for pre-order today and, now that they've gotten so much press for "Say Something" (it's gorgeous and deserves all the attention it's received), they should have more than enough support when it's released January 14.
  • Childish Gambino has a new upcoming album with two singles available for download with your pre-order and I love it (because who doesn't love Donald Glover?).
  • One Direction released a deluxe version of their last album, Midnight Memories, with such thought provoking hits as "Best Song Ever" and other hits I haven't bothered to find out about. In other '1D' news, apparently Saturday was '1D Day'; I thought it was Doctor Who's 50th anniversary but, to each their own obsession.
  • Cattle and Cane released their music video for "Pull Down the Moon" and it's adorable.
  • Pitbull released his latest EP, Meltdown; I think he needs help being more creative with his album titles since they've been following the same theme for years now.
  • Justin Bieber keeps coming out with hits and I keep wondering how people find a super femme blonde guy so attractive
  • Colbie Caillat came out with a single iTunes says is new: "Hold On".
  • Bruce Springsteen's High Hopes album is available for pre-order.
  • And, last but certainly not least, Makana came out with music I actually really like. Way to make me fall for your folksy music Makana; I love it. Buy Ripe on iTunes now.
"New Love Song" Makana

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment