Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

8.03.2013

Goner

       If it was possible for me to like Sirsy any more than I already do, then this latest single has made me love them. With an opening line that states "I hate your face, it makes me swoon, and why must you light up every room?" and a chorus that begins with "I arrest my heart for treason, I don't wanna fall for love", the lyrics are so true they kind of hurt. 
       Put vocals that are simultaneously scratchy and full behind those lyrics and add in an instrumentation that chimes in perfectly, supporting or commandeering the song as needed, and you come to the realization that Sirsy is amazing.
       Check out Sirsy's live performance of "Goner" or click THIS LINK to listen to a recorded version, because it's awesome.
       "Goner" Sirsy

http://www.sirsy.com/
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment