Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

1.06.2013

Indiana

       Since it appears that I will never be able to shake my Hoosier roots, I guess I should embrace them; besides, I kind of love visiting those small town fairs. Indiana has churned out plenty of great musicians over the years and all of their music can easily be listened to on repeat.
"I Want You Back" The Jackson Five
"Jack and Diane" John Mellencamp
"In This Diary" The Ataris
"Mood Indigo" The Four Freshmen
"Angel" Amanda Perez
"In The Kitchen" Umphrey's McGee
"Bombs Away" Virgin Millionaires
"Midnight Fix" Asteria
"Aftermath" Adam Lambert
"Smooth Criminal" Michael Jackson
"Broadripple Is Burning" Margot & The Nuclear So and So's
"Love Like Woe" The Ready Set
      There are plenty of other bands whose key members have come from Indiana, but I feel like I would be stretching it were I to add them to this list. Instead, I will just give them a sort of 'honorable mention' by naming them here: Guns N' Roses (Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin), Matchbox Twenty (Kyle Cook), Blind Melon (Richard Shannon Hoon), Van Halen (David Lee Roth), Motley Crue (Mick Mars).
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment