Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

1.29.2013

"High Hopes"

       Kodaline's music video for "High Hopes" is, finally, available to watch in the U.S. As with every other Kodaline song, the lyrics and music take raw emotions and turn them into a heart-wrenchingly perfect song and the music video could not be more beautiful (lyrics like "seems to me like I'm just scared of never feeling it again, but I know it's crazy to believe in silly things", "in my dreams I meet the ghosts of all the people who have come and gone, memories they seem to show up so quick, but they leave you far too soon" and every line in that chorus, culminating in "but the world keeps spinning around" all amaze me). "The Answer" and "All My Friends" will both be featured on the bands High Hopes EP which will be released (in the UK) March 3rd. The bands first full-length album, In A Perfect World, will be released March 25th (again, only overseas).
       I've done a lot of band posts and, though all of the bands I've featured are amazing, they will not all be famous; Kodaline will be famous. Steve Garrigan (lead singer) is quoted as saying "music should have a purpose... Our purpose is honesty", and that statement explains why the band, and all of their music, is perfection.
"High Hopes" Kodaline
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment