Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

12.03.2012

Classic Holiday Music

       Is it too early for holiday music? All of the stores are decorated, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is blaring from parking lot and sidewalk speakers, and people are walking around smiling and saying "happy holidays" to strangers like they're in a small town in a Hallmark movie. It's slightly ridiculous, but I kind of love it, and I am so excited to be leaving for Germany in only twenty-one days that I hardly care that people are making fools of themselves, as I am getting just as swept up in all the holiday cheer; I would be disappointed in myself, but I'm too preoccupied with the prospect of a white Christmas and good gluhwein. These are some classic holiday songs to get you started (whether it gets you started on the holiday spirit or gets you started on hating me [though it's really not too early in the season for these songs], that's your prerogative).
"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Brian McKnight
"Winter Wonderland" Tony Bennett
"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" Harry Connick, Jr.
"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" Brenda Lee
"Jingle Bell Rock" Bobby Helms
"The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)" Nat "King" Cole
"White Christmas" Bing Crosby
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Vince Gill
"Wonderful Christmas Time" Paul McCartney
"Silent Night" The Temptations
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment